Associate – Travel Desk (Indian Institute for Human Settlements)
The Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) is a national education institution
committed to the equitable, sustainable and efficient transformation of Indian settlements.
IIHS aims to establish an independently funded and managed national university of eminence
for research and innovation focused on the challenges and opportunities of India’s urban
transition. The proposed IIHS University will be an institution of eminence that will host an
integrated programme of quality campus-based education and research, training and lifelong
learning for working professionals, distance and blended learning, as well as a whole array of
practice and advisory services. The university will have a strong interdisciplinary orientation
bringing together theory and praxis that is grounded in the South Asian context and also
engages with and draws from knowledge across the globe.
For more information, please see http://www.iihs.co.in
The position will be part of the Administration function at IIHS, and will be responsible for
driving and supporting Admin-related activities and processes to address organisational
The position will involve collaborating effectively with people at all job levels and interacting
with a diverse group of individuals and personalities to ensure the achievement of functional
and organizational goals.
Activities and Tasks
The responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Serving as an initial point of contact for day-to-day questions of all travel needs;
- Leading travel reconciliation process and assists in managing internal client
relationships, which includes answering questions about charges. Handling finance and
accounting processes for the travel department;
- Assisting travelers with online travel applications and forms, which includes answering
questions and confirming required documentation;
- Coordinating and partnering with other internal support divisions and stakeholders,
including Finance, and the Controller, regarding questions about compliance and
- Assisting with regular reviews and updating all travel processes;
- Maintaining vendor trackers, processing vendor payments, and scheduling and
- Escalating time-sensitive problems for travelers and contributing to travel emergency
- Helping enforce compliance, mitigate travel risk, and implementing cost-saving
- Coordinating all logistics for group travel requests related to training, field and study
- Assisting the manager with reviews and updates of travel policies and practices and
- Drafting internal communications, including monthly travel newsletters and other office
Associate – Administration 3
- Performing other duties as required.
Structure and Reporting
The Associate will report to the Senior Associate – Administration. She/he will be expected to
work in close cooperation with other members of the Administration team. The mentoring
and coaching of younger team members would also be an intrinsic part of the role.
Applicants should have a minimum Graduate’s degree and work experience of 3-4 years in
travel management; the ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively; excellent
communication skills, both written and oral.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is necessary, as also
proficiency in the use of digital and social media to achieve functional objectives.
This offer is on an exclusive basis, which implies that other professional assignments (whether
compensated or not) that bear a potential conflict of interest with IIHS cannot be undertaken.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
This position is based in Bengaluru and may entail travel to other locations in India.
Review and Assessment
The role and performance of the incumbent shall be subject to normal review and
assessment systems at IIHS.
IIHS is an equal opportunity employer that encourages women, people with disabilities and
those from economically and socially excluded communities with the requisite skills and
qualifications to apply for positions.
If you are interested to explore this opportunity with us, please fill the online application form
by clicking here. (You can also click on the “Apply Now” button at the end of the Job
Description displayed on the website).
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org