Lead Supplier Quality Engineering Specialist – General Electric
‘Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)’ is responsible for driving exceptional product quality, customer value beyond expectations, regulatory assurance and optimized Cost of Quality. This is a key technical position. Supplier Quality Engineer is expected to deliver on supplier approval, qualification, quality sustenance and continuous improvement towards achieving best quality products on time every time in a compliant way.
- Assess Capacity and Capability of Indian supply base for various Electrical and Electronics assemblies. Sourcing scope will cover both Indian market and exports to GE factories or customers around the world.
- Lead supplier development initiatives for sourcing of Electrical & Electronics commodities. Implement lean process at supplier for better productivity and quality
- Conduct supplier approval audits and commodity assessment.
- Conduct process qualification requirement (PQR) and technical regulation standards (TRS) audits at supplier place
- Lead Product qualification; Perform Surveillance Audits on Supplier Quality Management System, Products, Processes and Regulatory Compliance.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on quality issues & drive corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Work with engineering & the global sourcing quality team to implement process improvement, incorporating key quality parameters and critical to quality (CTQ) characteristics.
ï Perform process capability evaluation to drive reduction in defects and cost of failure at Suppliers.
ï Work closely with respective Global Commodity Leaders (GCL) and other members of extended supply chain team (Manufacturing, Engineering etc.) to fully understand sourcing needs, strategy, commitments, technical and quality requirements
ï Achieve all financial and operational targets.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- 6~8 yearsÂ experience in quality / manufacturing / vendor development functions.
- Ability to manage multiple qualifications and work with global teams to approve/qualify suppliers and improve their performance.
- Ability in reviewing documents and parts according to IEC, ANSI, CE, CSA /UL/ other international standards & Regulatory Requirements.
- Knowledge of Single-Line Diagrams (SLD), Electrical Schematic Drawings & design data sheets.
- Knowledge of PCBA manufacturing like SMT, wave soldering, selective soldering, AOI, X-Ray, cleaning, conformal coating,
Must have hands on experience in following fields
1. Strong expertise in Electronic box builds and PCBA quality inspection, Circuit Testers (design and troubleshooting)
2. Experience in Electric motors, generators, transformers, power distribution panels, start-stop panels, power cables
3. Power sector related electrical components including metering, control & protection systems, low voltage & medium voltage equipmentÂs such as MCC, PEECC, GCB, GTE, GLAC. GNAC, Bus-ducts, Capacitors, Power Supplies, Reactors, Converters, Complex Cable Harness
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Very strong result oriented mindset.
MUST: Highest Level of Integrity.
MUST: Willingness to travel more than 50% of the time
Sprucing experience, Diversified Electrical & Electronics industry experience.
Green Belt / Black Belt certified
Lead Auditor Certification- ISO-9001/2008
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: India; Bangalore